About the company:
PharmEasy is a series A funded startup that was launched in March,2015 in Mumbai location. We are a Mobile-First, On-Demand, Health Delivery Marketplace.
Currently, Pharmeasy is operating in 7 cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Jaipur with over 1 lac active customers transacting 2000+ orders every day. Growing at a rapid pace month on month, Pharmeasy is the biggest and the fastest growing pharmacy aggregator in the country.
We aim to improve accessibility and affordability to quality healthcare. Broadly we are looking at:
Affordable healthcare: The single most important goal of PharmEasy is to provide affordable healthcare for all. To achieve that goal, we have built a vertically integrated system which involves manufacturers, distributors and retailers. This has enabled us to provide 20% savings on prescribed medicines and over 40% savings on home based diagnostic test services through the commissions we generate.
Personalization: Health is very personal to an individual. We want to provide a personal and unique experience to each user specifically based on their health data. Giving users relevant content on how they can manage their disease better to giving them useful information like side effects of the medicines they are having to maybe popular cheaper alternatives to the medicines they are having. Also reminding them about any periodic checkups or diagnosis that they need to undergo.
True Medical ID: Health data today is broken up into various pieces such as prescriptions, diagnostic reports and lifestyle data. People use various technologies that track their daily health data such as wearables. Imagine a platform that in the future lets users know based on their daily run that they need to get themselves checked for a certain ailment and then book that diagnostic test for them as well. A platform that then regularly checks based on their health data whether they are doing better and when they need to get themselves checked again. Pharmeasy wants to be that one platform that monitors your health and gives you regular updates about it.
Come join us, in building the future of healthcare space at PharmEasy!
PharmEasy is looking for an experienced android developer to help write new features, design and build a product. Product is everything around here, and we are working on some of the latest and most challenging problems.
Our main tools that we use to build PharmEasy are Android Studio, Eclipse, Sqlite -- reliable tools that the PharmEasy team knows well and trusts.
This position is based in Mumbai.
What you’ll be doing:
- Talk with our back-end team to discuss structure of APIs.
- Build new features that can support our growing userbase.
- Improving application performance, optimization for loading times.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Bug fixing.
Here are things that we consider critical to being an Android developer:
- A fanatic about writing ‘beautiful’ and ‘scalable’ code.
- You should have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Should be resourceful, innovative and inventive.
- You should be proficient in working with multi-threaded apps, XML & JSON and web services.
- You’re a good programmer. You write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Will work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Will work on bug-fixing and improving application performance.
- Should have a solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- You have to come up with innovative solutions to the hurdles that confront us on a day to day basis.
- You are someone that others enjoy working with due to your technical competence and positive attitude.
There are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Academic background in computer science (Btech or BSc or MSc).
- Should have knowledge about successfully submitting an app on Google Play Store.
When applying, please provide all documents in pdf or txt format and include URLs to apps you have worked on with descriptions for each of what your contribution was. If you you got github or similar please provide that as well.