About the company:
PharmEasy is a series A funded startup that was launched in March,2015 in Mumbai location. We are a Mobile-First, On-Demand, Health Delivery Marketplace.
Currently, Pharmeasy is operating in 7 cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Jaipur with over 1 lac active customers transacting 2000+ orders every day. Growing at a rapid pace month on month, Pharmeasy is the biggest and the fastest growing pharmacy aggregator in the country.
We aim to improve accessibility and affordability to quality healthcare. Broadly we are looking at:
Affordable healthcare: The single most important goal of PharmEasy is to provide affordable healthcare for all. To achieve that goal, we have built a vertically integrated system which involves manufacturers, distributors and retailers. This has enabled us to provide 20% savings on prescribed medicines and over 40% savings on home based diagnostic test services through the commissions we generate.
Personalization: Health is very personal to an individual. We want to provide a personal and unique experience to each user specifically based on their health data. Giving users relevant content on how they can manage their disease better to giving them useful information like side effects of the medicines they are having to maybe popular cheaper alternatives to the medicines they are having. Also reminding them about any periodic checkups or diagnosis that they need to undergo.
True Medical ID: Health data today is broken up into various pieces such as prescriptions, diagnostic reports and lifestyle data. People use various technologies that track their daily health data such as wearables. Imagine a platform that in the future lets users know based on their daily run that they need to get themselves checked for a certain ailment and then book that diagnostic test for them as well. A platform that then regularly checks based on their health data whether they are doing better and when they need to get themselves checked again. Pharmeasy wants to be that one platform that monitors your health and gives you regular updates about it.
Come join us, in building the future of healthcare space at PharmEasy!
Looking for an experienced application engineer to help write new features, design and build useful API methods, and improve the reliability of our systems as we quickly grow.
Typical week at PharmEasy:
- Talk with our front-end/mobile team to decide how an API method should work
- Build new features that can support our growing userbase
- Whiteboarding a fix to a scaling problem -- and then making it happen
- Help our skilled operations team fulfill orders in the fastest way possible
- Build tools that help us manage both users and our systems
Here are things that we consider critical to being a Application Engineer:
- You’ve been writing web applications for a while and can point to things you’ve worked on.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
- You write understandable code with an eye towards maintainability.
- Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You know HTTP and TCP/IP and what a good API looks like.
- concepts deeply and can put them into action to protect us and our users.
- You know how to build reliable and safe distributed systems and the understand the trade-offs made when engineering a feature.
There are a few extra things that would lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- Academic background in computer science (BSc or MSc)
- Experience with SOLR, ElasticSearch, Redis, MongoDB and NodeJs
- Solid competency with SQL (ideally in a federated database environment, MySQL a plus) and browser technologies
- Prior experience with or knowledge of large scale, high volume systems