About the company:
PharmEasy is a series A funded startup that was launched in March,2015 in Mumbai location. We are a Mobile-First, On-Demand, Health Delivery Marketplace.
Currently, PharmEasy is operating in 7 cities – Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Pune and Jaipur with over 1 lac active customers transacting 2000+ orders every day. Growing at a rapid pace month on month, PharmEasy is the biggest and the fastest growing pharmacy aggregator in the country.
We aim to improve accessibility and affordability to quality healthcare. Broadly we are looking at:
Affordable healthcare: The single most important goal of PharmEasy is to provide affordable healthcare for all. To achieve that goal, we have built a vertically integrated system which involves manufacturers, distributors and retailers. This has enabled us to provide 20% savings on prescribed medicines and over 40% savings on home based diagnostic test services through the commissions we generate.
Personalization: Health is very personal to an individual. We want to provide a personal and unique experience to each user specifically based on their health data. Giving users relevant content on how they can manage their disease better to giving them useful information like side effects of the medicines they are having to maybe popular cheaper alternatives to the medicines they are having. Also reminding them about any periodic checkups or diagnosis that they need to undergo.
True Medical ID: Health data today is broken up into various pieces such as prescriptions, diagnostic reports and lifestyle data. People use various technologies that track their daily health data such as wearables. Imagine a platform that in the future lets users know based on their daily run that they need to get themselves checked for a certain ailment and then book that diagnostic test for them as well. A platform that then regularly checks based on their health data whether they are doing better and when they need to get themselves checked again. PharmEasy wants to be that one platform that monitors your health and gives you regular updates about it.
Come join us, in building the future of healthcare space at PharmEasy!
We are looking for an exceptional Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will work on a variety of problems such as personalization, optimization, user intelligence, predicting diseases and outbreaks. You will work with a team to come up with new and interesting hypotheses, test them, and scale them up to huge data sets with a large number of data points. Above all, your work will impact the way health care is distributed in India.
What you'll be doing:
- Apply machine learning, collaborative filtering, neural networks and deep learning methods to our growing data set
- Prototype new algorithms, evaluate with small scale experiments
- Collaborate with a team of software engineers to build new product features
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Build a platform to support all our machine learning and AI problems
- Build tools that recommend medicines, predict disease outbreaks and predict a patients health conditions.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Machine Learning, or related field preferred
- You have experience implementing machine learning systems at scale in Java, Scala, Python or similar (not just R or Matlab)
- You have a strong mathematical background in statistics and machine learning
- You should have 3+ years of prior experince in building machine learning tools
There are a few extra things that will lift you up a couple of notches in our eyes:
- You have experience with any one of the following data processing and storage frameworks: Hadoop, Scaling, Spark, Storm, Cassandra, Kafka.
- You have worked in open source platforms and can share that with us